People often wonder how important the Twitter Bio is for Nonprofits â€“after all it is only 160 characters long â€“ why would it be that important?
- It will set the expectations of what you will be tweeting about
- It will set you apart from the others
- It makes it easier for others to find you and add you to Twitter lists
So it is VITAL to make each of those 160 characters count!
John also shared his 7 tips on how to make your Nonprofit bio stand out from the
1. Keep it simple â€“ make sure that it is easy for everyone to understand
2. Make it searchable â€“ use keywords that are relevant to what you focus on
3. Tell them your names â€“ people like to talk to people, so make sure that the names of the people who will be tweeting are included
4. Include extra links â€“ you can add extra links here â€“ remember to use http:// in front of the links, so that they are clickable
5. Use UTM tags â€“ this helps you measure traffic from links in your bio
6. Make your bio remarkable â€“ have it stand out from the norm that other Nonprofits use
7. Ask for feedback â€“ ask people what they think and take what they have to say seriously â€“ itâ€™s a great way to fine-tune your message.